TIPS FOR GROWING
- A mixture of 70% garden soil and 30% peat, or a soil based
potting compost is advised for seed sowing; compost must be moist
before sowing. We do not recommend soaking or chipping our seed.
- Sow 2 seeds per 3” pot
- October is the best time to sow. Once the seedlings are through,
they should be put in a cold-frame to over-winter. Leave frame
open day and night and only cover in frosts.
- Use mouse-traps and slug pellets to prevent pest damage.
- Don’t allow pots to dry out.
- Prepare ground in the Autumn.
- Don’t over manure; a good handful of general purpose
fertiliser per square yard is adequate.
- Plant out from early March.
- Tap out pot, drop 2 plants 12” apart
- Grow in double rows 18” apart, up a cane cordon fashion.
- Garden decoration plants can be supported with net wire in
- In dry weather, give a good soak once a week.
- Feed with high potash fertiliser once a week onto soil when